Wednesday, April 05, 2006

We can not do it alone!

In my last entry I commented that “what they [students] needed were options.” As teachers we need lots of options as well. We can not create all the “options”. We need to collaborate, share and communicate. We need to do this together. We need to be members of the learning community. We can not work in isolation. We need to model how knowledge is created, a sharing and building of ideas in community. Whether we talk face-to-face or through the web tools of today we need to share, share and share again. What we need is WE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Janowski said...

Beth,
I met you at MassCUE and enjoy reading your blog. In fact I subscribe to it so that I can keep up on your postings. I hope that teachers in your system are part of your dialogue as well. You are asking good questions and making excellent observations.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! No truer words were ever spoken! Noone and nothing can survive in isolation. Sometimes in our day-to-day lives we get so bogged down we feel overwhelmed, alone and as if we have to bear the weight of the world individually when such is not the case. If we were to slow down, exhale and communicate with one another we might see that the "options" have already been created - by us! We just need to share them with one another. Can anyone say "recurring theme?" I was raised that needing or asking for help is a sign of weakness. Only recently have I resigned myself to the fact that my role models were a bit off base. As a result of collaborating, sharing and communicating I've experienced more personal growth in the last 18 months than I have in the last 18 years. I intend to continue growing by becoming a charter member of the learning community and exploring the possibilities of WE!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home