Sunday, December 25, 2005

Getting Started

In thinking about what I would place on this blog I believe the entries would be more like ramblings then well conceived bits of wisdom. As I see more technology used in classrooms, read more about the success and failures in education and play with the new technologies out there I find my views on education, technology and learning are always changing. I need to get these thoughts out of my head so I can examine them and help the ideas develop.

I constantly need to remind myself that education/learning is about what happens WITHIN a student. This should always be our focus - helping the student to interact with and experience content so they can learn and acquire the knowledge for themselves. Learning is an active process not a passive one. My focus as an educator is to find out what a student knows (where they are), know what they need to learn (where they are going), and to provide experiences for them to learn the new skills or information (how to get there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home